Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A quick one

This is going to have to be a quick one because time is ticking and the car to work will not wait.

Yesterday was another lost day in my blog life.  I would like to write that it was because of some wonderfully exotic excuse but that would be lying.  I was simply too exhausted after a late night at a quiz and then another day of physical work to think of anything.

I got back from work, made a cup of tea and sat down for a quick read, only to wake up from a heavy sleep 30 minutes later when the kids got back from school.

It did lead me to thinking about the positive thing about being really, physically tired, so here goes with a quick pre-work five,

Five Positive Things about Being Really Tired
  1. When you have worked really hard, and finished a job, the cup of tea and sit down feels like a weeks trip to heaven
  2. The sleep which comes after lots of exercise, refreshes like no other sleep
  3. When muscles have that low dull ache, I know that the next day they will make me feel like Tigger
  4. Real exhaustion stops any worries or concerns lingering long
  5. The joy of having an excuse to lie on the sofa watching a children's movie with your children can not be underestimated
Persephone 

1 comment:

  1. As I read this I am currently watching The Witches with the children and loving it x
    My five for today in response.
    I managed to get ready for work and get the kids out of the door from waking up late in 23 minutes which I was personally really impressed by, amazing what you can do if you have to.
    I got stuck in to a mock dragons den session at school and had a laugh.
    On very little sleep I managed to get through the day without being a dragon myself!
    My purple stripey top matched my bracelets perfectly which made my happy all day
    I found a perfect spare rib recipe!

    ReplyDelete